1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Smallest (height) bulk salter available?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by odd1or2even, Nov 29, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I have two trucks (F150, then a F250). My question is, what salter is available that will allow tyhe driver to look over their shoulder and look out the rear window to see if there are trees that he/she may back into? I've been running a Salt Dogg 2000 electric but it's way too high.

Just trying to make it easy for my drivers to be able to salt using an electric model, and also drive around and have better viability when plowing residential drives that are in the woods. Thanks for your time...

2. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

use your side mirrors worked for me since i was 16 never backed into anything
  3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

smith salters in newark ny they make all sizes they have one that is the same heigth as the bed of the truck not sure about capacity
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Snow EX, Mini Pro 575. Very good unit!:waving:
  5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Spend about 200.00 and put a backup camera on it.
  6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Snow Ex 3000 - holds 0.6 - about 4' long, and sticks up about 8" above the sides of the truck
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

That has been working for me for years too, but I have found that not everyone who says they can plow snow in one of my trucks knows how to use those silly things.
  8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

9. wilkie

wilkie Junior Member

Mirrors, Back up camera, a few reflectors to give you something to see, spot light on back and we also offer to use their paycheck to fix what they hit. works good for us.
  10. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

same way at my job we have racks around the beds so we have to use our mirrors
  11. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Swenson LPV Vbox electric spreader. Designed just for what you are saying you need. I had one for a year and it worked okay. I changed the drive pulley to a smaller one to get a faster spread. I believe they only come in painted steel.
  12. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

2 best options are the back up camera or a dump insert with spreader gate. (like the downeaster on the truck on the left.)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  13. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

AirFlo in Prattsburgh, NY