1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

smaller plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Nov 3, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

so im gettin into a smaller truck and ive been plowing for about 3years now...i have a 96' s10 and have been shoppin around...does meyers make a mount for the 6 and a half and whats the word on the blizzards 680 or 720LT?? im lookin at doing about 65 driveways while i got a guy doing lots an f350...im lookin for somehting i can hit the driveways and then go to the lot and help finish up

2. Hercules130

Hercules130 Junior Member

65 Driveways with an s10! you are a brave soul.

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Just what I was thinking......:nono: :nono:

4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Ditto:nono: :nono:

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I say blizzard 720LT and a few shovels. Since the trucks is going to give out with that many. But then again, that might be a bunch of little driveways.

6. westwind

westwind Member

Hope you have air bags, tranny coolers, and a tow strap. LOL. I do believe Meyer makes a mount. 6.5, good luck.

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thanks guys...i dont know if all 65 were for me or how big its just what he told me lol....but thanks a lot

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I would skip the Meyer. Go with the Blizzard 720. The truck will do fine, dont listen to the people who tell you it absoultely will give out, how do they know? As long as you set the truck up right and go easy on the truck while plowing you will be all set. We used to have a guy on this site (Alan) who plowed with S-10s equipped with 8' Snoways, he lives in Northern Vermont, it does not get much harder plowing then that. Do a search, some of his pictures are on this site and alot of the work he has done with his little S-10s. All it takes is a responsible operator, you have to take care of the truck but it will not have any trouble plowing.