1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

small tractor with pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Advancedexc, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Advancedexc

Advancedexc Junior Member
    from Indiana

We have a guy that wants to sub to me this year. He has two 45hp tractors. I want to know if you can push a 8 foot pusher or does he need a 6 footer. We only use backhoes and frontend loaders so i have no clue.thanks for any help

2. nixray

nixray Senior Member

I'm not sure. but I'd assume go with the 6'-er and invest in good tires and ballast! (overpower is always better than underpower!!!!!!)

3. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have tractors of that size, I have a 6 ft pusher on one a 8 ft straight blade on the other. I think an 8 ft pusher might be a bit too much. We just had 1 ft of wet snow and the tractor did fine but I would not want to put a bigger pusher on it for that heavy wet snow.

4. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I have a 8ft pusher we use with a TC40. Does just fine. We have a snow bucket also for
    when we have to pile the snow high.