1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small tractor advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a ton of drives....always used a NH 24tcda with front mount 51 inch blower. We run two of these. Sidewalks, driveways, tight areas really work great. Anyway 2006 model I believe 1000 hours. Probably 950 hours doing snow. Anyway hydro is about out...spent some time at dealer and it was confirmed. They want $6000 for parts...plus labor. They don't even want to trade it. Now the question ....what to replace with? If tractor I would like bigger but also need to do walks. I have also been looking at the wacker wl30 I think? I like the small blower. Now we landscape during summer so equipment can be used both ends. I am open to nh, Jed, kubota. Small wheel loader like a wacker. Blowers can be factory but never was impressed with jd front mount blower unless other brands out there. Need cab, heat, front wheel assist, 80 percent will be snow removal.

2. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

No thoughts?

3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I have had Kubotas bobcat and John deere. I personally like john deere the best. I did like the Kubota but the hydro pedal on the floor was awful for me it is a rocker pedal. not a natural feeling to rock your heel back. mush easier like the deere and new Holland one pedal forward one reverse.

why not put the money into the 06 you have? tractor is not old and 1000hrs is not a lot. unless its rotted out.

lots of companys make blowers for the front or rear and there are a lot of guys on here that are experts more than me

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

The amount of work for the hydro is expensive. I looked At a wacker wl 30 today no blower attachment though. 2011 machine 10 hours. Asking $53000 plus blower. Nice little machine but 12 gallons flowing to run the blower..seems low to me?? Spoke with nh as well. They would give me $6500 for my tractor as is. Another thought we had, trade for exact size tractor, then also get a 35-40 hp tractor with 60-70 inch blower. I am still cheaper with two than the wacker but the wacker is a small sized wheel loader. I can use both wacker and or larger tractor during summer with our nursery and or landscaping/construction. Looking for ideas? Thoughts?

5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Kubota and deere are at least a 35-45 minute drive for me. Nh is here in town.

6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

So many views so little comments. No one run a unit like the wacker or utility tractor for snow removal?

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

I like my massy 4wd 32 hp compact