1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Town DPW

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by RSE, Jun 23, 2015.

1. RSE

RSE Member

Hi everyone,
    Our town of about 40 miles of paved and 40 miles of unpaved roads is in need of a single axle snowplow truck. We currently have the paystar internationals (2) and smaller 1 tons(2) but would like to purchase something brand new, completely out fitted with plow and 5-8 yd sander. We understand there is very limited time.
    Who out there could recommend a good bang for the buck? What type of truck and brand? Thank you for any input.
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Anything beside an International with a Max Force engine. If you go with International get it with a Cummins.
  3. maineguide

maineguide Junior Member

Western Stars with DD13 Detroit and 8ll have been winning most of the municipal spec bids this year. Check with HP Fairfield they can give you an upfit ball park as well. Stay away from Maxxforce for sure! I have had very good luck with dd13 dd15 detroits.