1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Toro Blower Opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brunosplace, Jan 28, 2007.

1. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Thinking about a small blower to keep in the truck for sidewalks. Do any of you have experience with these Toro models

Looking at the little one mainly because of its weight savings, not killing the back after a night of loading it into the truck, 37 versus 71 pounds!! :eek: However the other one is 4 inches wider and comes with a five year warranty to start.

So, what are your thoughts? Or would you recommend something else? Another reason I am leaning towards Toro is I have one Helluva good local dealer near me, who, when I need service on equipment bought from him, he come out to pick it up and delivers it at no charge when it has been fixed. Also his pricing is very competitive, even to the big box stores. He also carries Ariens & I believe Husqvarna machines as well.
  2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

buy the 2450, you will be mad if you dont, its perfect for side walks, 1 pass up and one back, i have both and the only time i ever use the powerlite is the apartment complex id do where i go upstairs.
  3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

i have the old s-200 $20.00 at a yard sale. never let me down
  4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Small Toro, best blower for the convenience and remarkably powerful and durable. I own three and would give them the big thumbs up.
  5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yes small toro. I have one and love it. Parents have had one for 10 years and still starts by the 3rd pull. They never store it during the summer either. Whatever gas is left stays in it for next year. its a great machine.
  6. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

I also like the toro s200's you can get them cheap and parts are cheap and easy to get.

I have 8 up and running... current awaiting snow :sleeping:
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We just bought 2 Toro Power Lites, I'll sell ya one! They do a great job but we dont do the amount of sidewalks we were supposed to do so I dont need 2 of them. I bought them 3 weeks ago, the one has only been used 1 time on my small driveway. I'm looking to get around 300.00 for it. Its brand spanking new with about 10 minutes on it. Pm me if interested.
  8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Wait till end of March. Home Depot sells all the blowers at a steep discount in the spring. Bought a powerlite with electic start last spring for 150.00 brand new!
  9. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i like the small ones. except they are easy to steel out of my truck. had two removed in the afternoon a couple of years ago. while i was sleeping after a night of plowing
  10. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

The 2450's aren't too bad if your tall enough to toss them in the back of the truck. They simply bungee to the truck box. The biggest wear item is the paddles.$60 and an hour and they're replaced. Ours need it about every season and a half. About a quarter of the plow trucks around here will carry one with them. The big old 'ramp-off-the-back-end-and-don't-slip blowers are going the way of the dinosaur.
  11. mojob

mojob Member

I've got the 2450 and it grunted through two and a half feet of snow during the recent blizzard. I smoked the drive belt but that's a small price to pay. Really happy with it.