1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Snow Blower Recommendation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MainePlowGuy, Oct 28, 2008.

1. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

Any suggestions on a good small snowblow. Thinking of using one for handicap ramps and the few sidwalks and such that we do. Shoveling = no fun. Toro make a single stage gas job in the mid 300's but i have now idea on reliability for these critters. Anyone using these things?
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

You'll prolly have to bump your budget up a bit to get a reliable unit. I have a Toro CCR 2450. 20" width 5hp. Works good for me!
  3. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

We run two Honda four strokes not sure on the model but i know they work great with no problems out of them. :nod:
  4. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

can't beat a honda unless you have a yamaha. MY yammy will throw a toro 30 feet. Apparently they'll be back in North America in 2010...can't wait. I've used my yammy for 40 drives for 4 years and nothing but ccutting edges and shear pins. It's a 1987.
  5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Where are you in Maine?
  6. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

OH...small snowthrower...oops
  7. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Toro single stage snow through is a great machine. I think it is modle #3650. I put one on every truck. They are great for side walks.
  8. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks Guys!
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Just replaced my 15+ year old Toro CCR single stage with a new Toro 2450. Can't wait to go out and break it in. Toro makes a nice little blower IMO