1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small skidloaders and snowblowers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by shooterm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Has anyone run the S100 type skidloaders and put a 48" snowblower on it? After watching a few sidewalk crews play with walkbehinds, ATVs and shovels I'm considering a demand for faster service. Couple of things I already noticed is the throw distance on paper isn't very good for bobcat brand and it also has the problem of MN standard sidewalks being 48' it sits at 52" actual. Any input would be great I really think if I found the right setup for sidewalks it would a very good winter job for me AND my current company.
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What about a S70? 36in actual width w/ a 48in blower. Could run a 4ft plow for light snows?

BTW, check again on the width of a S100. I am pretty sure they are just under 4ft wide....I think they also offer 2speed & SJC in them now.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  3. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

Width listed on the website is 45.9" for the S100, 2 speed and SJC are an option!
  4. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Yah acually the S70 is pretty interesting considering I could use it as a backyard tool. Problems from it might be the severe lack of clearance since I'd road it on unplowed roads and no 2speed. Just been brainstorming lately sidewalks are still pretty done much by hand here at a loss.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I rented a Bobcat 443, w/48" blower, a couple of years ago. It was a really heavy winter and the city pushed all the snow from the streets onto the parkway sidewalks. It worked pretty well. I beleive the 443 is now called the S70. The one problem I remember was that the wheels were mounted so close to the frame that I don't think you could get chains on the tires. Another issue is that a machine and blower that are as wide as the walkway can create some problems in the curves.
  6. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Yah more I think about it I'd actually want something a couple inches smaller then a standard sidewalk. I'm kinda a yard nazi and think hitting the yard every once in awhile could be a pain for a smaller skid.
  7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Check out Ventrac or Stiner.
  8. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

I run 2 ASV pt 30s with FFC Blowers and they get thru any thing
  9. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

What about an bobcat mt52 or mt 55
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No cab turns it into actual work. Cold work.
  11. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

The little Bobcat's (453/S70) are neat & I wish I had one too but if your a big guy at all & with snow clothing/boots on, if you have to crawl in and out much it's a pretty snug fit. I do like the ease of getting into the ASV but they are pricey machines. A big walk behind blower like the Cub Cadet 45" or Troybilt 45" can be had for about $2300.
  12. pdmissle

pdmissle Member

I'll happily be stuffing my ass in an S 70 this winter rather than standing outside in the cold for 10-18 hours