1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small self storage price?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by haybaler, Nov 25, 2008.

1. haybaler

haybaler Member

Any idea how long this would take with a 8.6" v-plow and 2 guys shoveling? for 6" snow.

self storage pic.jpg
  2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Ahhh Mohawk Trail Route 2, If I'm not mistaken.
    I would charge a little extra, I think that appears to be not paved.
    What's with the shoveling? If I had to plow that for 6"; I'd charge 2 hours min whatever your hourly rate needs to be as the cheapy owner not wanting you for any other lower increments; plus the fact of hammering your awesome plow on that nasty ground if it hasn't been paved yet. JMO
  3. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Plus think of how far you have to push the snow between the buildings. Whatever you have for a figure in your head go higher!!:gunsfiring:
  4. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Why can't I get GOOGLE EARTH to come up with locations that clear in my area. It pisses me off!!
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree Grampa. I heard somewhere it had to do with population density, but I am not sure. I just know they don't come up like that for me either.
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I hate self storage loactions :cry:
  7. haybaler

haybaler Member

wow, very good Eye on the gravel. There are some loose stones that worry me for the snowblower. So min 2 hours per person you think? anybody else have a timeline?
  8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

My thought with just the plow 2 hours min., as to the shovelers; i hope you aren't clearing the snow from the storage doors; it might be well suited to angle away well as keeping 24"inches away from doors; there not the strongest. If its pertinent the doors need clearing, I would guesstimate those guys being there with shovels for 3 hours onsite. a few of the storage laces we handle dont require doors to be cleared.
  9. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

i cant stand self storage facilities. the ones we do are pita and it seems like they are never ending when it comes to plowing them
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

And don't forget that once those guys finally finish shoveling out the doors you will have to go back and clean that all up out of there too.