1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small problem on a 7.3??????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by show-n-go, Nov 12, 2009.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I have a 4inch exhaust with AFE air filter and a superchips tuner.
    Someone broke into my excursion and stole a ton of stuff one of the items being my superchip control, now my truck is stuck in the High perf tow mode. I know i have to buy a new tuner but what do i do about the tune that is stuck in there? My factory tune was in the Superchip control. I'd like a better tuner anyway but I would have rather done it on my terms. I do a lot of towing so i need a tuner that has a setting for that but i don't want it stuck in tow mode all the time. Can i just use "tow mode" as my factory setting on my next tuner or will that create an issue?
  2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Dude, that sucks!
    My first call would be to SuperChips.
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

The only thing they said was to buy a new ecu. That has to be a way that i can use what i have with a new tuner or something.
  4. OH350Crew

OH350Crew Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

check with a dealer, they should be able to flash the ecu back to the factory setting
  5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

As far as I know what you are trying to do is called double stacking... and I don't think you can put another chip in if there's already on programmed. I am not really a 7.3 guy but that's how it works on 6.0's to my knowledge.
  6. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

Ford should be able to re-flash to stock at a cost
  7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Ford should be able to re-flash you. But i would call DP tuner www.dp-tuner.com
    Jody is very good with 7.3 tuning and should be able to help you out
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thanks guy's I'll call DP before going to ford.
  9. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

I've been DP from day one but can't you just pull the old chip off the PCM and it'll return to stock? I know that's how my DP is. And you don't stack chips on a 7.3 it just doesn't work out.
  10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

His problem is he did not have a chip. He had a programer and the programer was stolen.