1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small parking lots?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Kentuckydiesel, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

I used to work part time for an auto-zone where the manager told me they were paying $200 for plow and salt on the lot. Now I'm sure most of you have seen the parking lot of a normal autozone, not that big at all. I had my grandparent's plow truck with me at the time but didn't have the plow on. I could have picked up $200 as the guy was late. Oh well.

Is that normal pricing??? -Phillip

2. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

good to hear from someone local I am just up the road I-71 in oldham co. Man I hope we get some plowable snow before long. I would like to recoop some of my $4,000 that I spent on my new western. If you ever need any help I have plenty of spare time. Thanks Scott

3. plowrat

plowrat Junior Member

Thats not too cool, what if it was on your route and you were running late, how would you feel?
    Just curious.

4. Kentuckydiesel

I agree, but it would have been one of those "me or someone else" deals. He was late because he had equipment down. He never did get the lot plowed that snow. -Phillip

5. Kentuckydiesel

I'm in Oldham also. :waving:

-Phillip

6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Everyone in Kentucky has spare time. Especially if you don't work at the glove factory or something. LOL!! :jester:

7. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Easy there sweetpete! I have relatives in Kentucky. It is a more laid back approach to life down there. But not everybody has spare time on their hands. The ones that work have to make up for the percentage of people that don't work. The hard working ones are genuine, hard working, good people, and they would do anything for you. Some of the finest people in this country. You can't knock that Kentucky appalacian hospitality. And let's not forget the good eatin'.

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hahaha...well put. I was only kidding. Actually, I'm planning on visiting Ky next summer (Lake Cumberland?) Never been there, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'll bring some of my hard earned Ohio cash to spend down there. :D

9. 78W200

78W200 Member

My in-laws family live up the road from the Green River Reservoir In Campbellsville, and hicks you hit the nail on the head, they are some of the best people you could ever meet. Right next to us Hoosiers :D lol.

10. natimp

natimp Junior Member

I understand what you are saying but I think it is always better to worry about you and your family then someone you dont even know.

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Were like a pool of hungry sharks, put a little chum (empty snow filled lot)in the water and we'll eat our own:D