1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

small lot bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Oct 26, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I was ask to bid a small parking lot. The area is wide open, totaling 19608 sq. ft. I will be bidding per push. No salt will be added and Im guessing it will take me probably 20 min. to push with 15 min travel time. Im thinking of charging 50.00 per push. What do ya think?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If your time estimate is right - sounds good.

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

If it's 15min travel time round trip, the price is good. If it's 15min each way, raise it alittle more (like $65-70)..

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Your talking 45'x45' lot. I would estamate it at 40 min per push depending on the time of day and activity level. Also, type of plow.

Gene

5. Mick

from Maine

I came up with 140'x140' = 19,600.

45'x45' would be about 5 minutes.

6. clncut

Here are the dimensions, 172' by 114'. It will be 15 min there and then 15 min back to where the majority of my accounts are. This account is a little out of my way but its a friend who asked.

7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I would try to pickup at least one other account in the area or on route. 15 minutes there, 20 minute push, 15 minutes back = 40 minutes for $50-60 :nono: :nono: I think not. Thats working for $75.00 per hour. Your price for the lot isn't bad, but drive time will kill your profits. Add another account same size on route or in the area and check the math. Another 20 minute push for $50.00 = 60 total minutes with drive time for $100.00. Now your getting closer to a realistic hourly number. Personally I would try to add 2-3 accounts on route or in the area. If I couldn't, I would sublet the job to someone in the area or not take it at all. Time is money. payup

8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Well put JMR!!

9. Mick

from Maine

That's what I do. I got a small driveway 25 minutes from me. But, based on calls I'd passed up in past years, I expected there was plenty of business there. Plus there is a lot of new construction going on; opening new housing developments. Sure enough, I just got a good sized drive in the same general area yesterday and expect at least 3 or 4 more about the time we get the first snow. If you want to expand, you just have to take a chance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

10. clncut

Thanks guys, I was just told that they also would like anouther small parking lot done and the lot is 5 min from the other. Im going to look at the other in a couple of days. Well see what happens!