1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small issue with the jack...

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, Dec 14, 2009.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I took the plow off the truck to help a friend move and found that the jack is difficult to remove from it's storage location and to put it back in the jacking position. It is equally difficult to remove it to put it back on the truck. It looks like the mount on the jack itself is bent. I never abused the jack and have been very careful. Any ideas to get it bent back or should I just get a new jack for it?

2. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I think I know what you are describing but a photo would be great. Is the plate that has the 3 lock studs bent or the mount where the 3 studs lock into on the plow bent? On either a hammer and maybe heat come to mind plus a vise if its the jack itself.

3. CornerStoneProp

Yes exactly... On the jack itself, it does not sit flush on the plow side. It is dark so I will need to take pics later. I wonder if this can be warrantied as the plow is less than a month old! Other than the jack, it works perfect! Lights dim when the heat is on full and you raise the plow tho.... Maybe a dual battery setup is in my future! Thanks for such a quick reply

4. KAG

KAG Senior Member

As for the lights dimming a high output alternator should do the trick. On most plow prep packages offered by the truck manufacturers a high output alternator is a part of it.

5. CornerStoneProp

I have the plow prep package on my 2009 F250 SD! The lights still dim with the plow being used. I am trying to find out what the alternator is rated at.

6. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, mine was like that too. I think it might be the design. To make it easier to install and remove, we sanded down the powdercoating on the studs and in the holes. It works much better now. Try that. Hope it helps you!

7. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

:nod:
    Yeah, what he said....
    a flat file to the bottom of the mushrooms to remove any slag / excess paint and a little white lith grease or similar.

8. mcdevi90

mcdevi90 Junior Member
    from nj

I've had the same problems with my jack