1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small hitch mounted spreader question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by joe8487, Oct 3, 2010.

1. joe8487

joe8487 Junior Member
    from Maine

Hello All,
    I am just looking for a small light weight spreader that I can remove/attach easily between jobs. I would be using this for a couple of small parking lots and a few driveways here and there. Also, does anyone know of a unit like this that will spread both salt and sand, rather than just salt? Any input will be greatly appreciated!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most of them will spread sand and salt....as long as it is DRY
    I have a Western 100 and it works great
  3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Snowex does a great job to.
  4. fast trac

fast trac Junior Member

I am looking for a control unit for a buyers spreader on my atv. The unit was originaly mounted on a pick up but is now mounted on an atv and only had a on/off switch plugged into the lighter. Would prefer a variable speed that can be wired into the machine, any thoughts out there
  5. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i believe you'll have to change the motor on it if your looking to make it variable speed or you'll burn it up.