1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small condo association I plowed last winter

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by willofalltrades, Oct 22, 2007.

1. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

This a a small condo association I plowed over winter. The driveways go from like 10 feet to 20 feet long. I used a bobcat 873 with a 9' boss blade.

Will's pics 490.jpg

Will's pics 493.jpg

Will's pics 494.jpg

Will's pics 495.jpg

Will's pics 497.jpg

2. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Heres a few more

Will's pics 498.jpg

Will's pics 500.jpg

Will's pics 501.jpg

Will's pics 533.jpg

3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Nice shots! I wish there some smaller condo assocations by me. There all huge!

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice picture, is that all lake effect? Also your work is very nice and neat, thats what i like to see.wesport

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pictures, thats alot of snow.

6. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

you didnt plow the main road did you? or just the drives with teh bobcat?

7. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Yea I plowed the road. Then a cab over truck with a huge salt hopper would come through and salt it.

8. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Thanks, yea thats all lake effect... The bobcat made it easy to keep things tidy, the only problem came when we got pounded, There wasn't any place to put the snow. The banks on each side of the road were 3 feet high and the bobcat didn't go fast enough to shoot the snow over the bank.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Will, do you mind me asking what place that is?? It looks very familiar. I plowed a place very similar to that in Willoughby Hills for the LCO that I used to work for. Good job on keeping it tidy!!

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I wish I could pile snow anywhere in our condos. The ones we do require us to push all snow to one end. Both places are over 100 yards long and one is uphill.:eek:

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Man I wish I could do my condos with my skid. There's now where to leave it ,and they wouldn't want to look at it anyways. It is 20 dethached unit with drives about as long as yours but they have a sidewalk( that no one uses)that must be cleared 4' from the road. They complain about piles but wont pay to have them moved! Silly millionaires,atleast I have my blizzard!!! Great pic's , can't wait for the snow!!!

12. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Will, how many drives are there and about how long does it take you. By the way nice work.

13. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

ROSELAWN- My times were inconsistent. It really depended on the snow fall. 1.5-2in: 2hours, 3-5in: 2.5 hours 5 or more would take 3-4 hours. Anything after four hours must have been serious so I would just mark in the book that I had to plow twice. There were 70-75 garage doors but the drives would be connected... with a little flower bed in between extending 5-6 feet out so its kinda like plowing a 40'X40 area with a little divider. I would back drag the whole thing into the street (it took 5 passes each) then push the snow into a pile. Next I would just push that pile into the front yard (if theres a common space that has just grass I would move the snow there). Believe it or not I only had for people ask me to keep the snow out of the front yard.

magnatrac- Yea we hid the bobcat in the back of the development at one of the mailbox stations. The sidewalk issue makes life difficult if you get a heavy snow... if not push the snow where ever and buzz around with a snowblower after to straighten the sidewalk out. This development is seriously a pain in the arse with a truck simply because the drives are too small and its nothing but back dragging.

14. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

This development is called Stonebrook. Its off Miles Rd. 5 min. from the Bedford Lowes. Its literally across from Miles Rd. Farmers market. This season, because I am going to school at The University of Akron, I will try and plow Robinson Memorial Hospital in Ravenna for Wheeler.

15. nice job i really like the skid steer with the boss

16. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Will, does your 873 have a problem handling that 9'er. I was looking into a Daniel's 10', however was advised against not putting over 7' on my Cat 252. What is the weight and hp on your 873. Thanks.

17. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

IM pretty sure the cat 252 is more alone the lines of a bobcat 753 or s175(new model) and i wouldnt put more then a 7.5' blade on that machine

18. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

which condo you talking about. That one off Rt. 6 by the corner of Bishop and chardon or the one across from La Vera. We may be looking to bid on those next year since we do a lot in that area.

19. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

for what its worth, we have two 773 bobcats that have eight foot fisher plows on them, and one S175 that has an 8' fox skidsteer folding plow. They all plow snow just fine. one condo we plow is very hilly so we put chains on the back tires, but other than that, they plow awesome.

20. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

Yeah im sorry your right 7.5 an is a little small am 8 ft bladr eould be fine i was thinking snowpushers