1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Commercial Lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Injunfarian, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Specs:
    5-6 Parking Spots
    Not many options to stack snow
    Must keep the garage bay and back door accessible.
    A tree has started to errode the asphalt in one area and I have circled this area in one of the pics.

I have a few questions on this one, first off how much would you charge for this lot just to plow(no salt) for both per push and seasonal? Also per push and seasonal with salt as well? Salt will likely be spread with a walk behind or tailgate spreader.

Also where would you stack the snow? The owner and myself talked this over and thought to stack it on either side of his property line(the fence where the residential is, and the parking lot spliting beam. After these are full likely would start filling in the front area of the lot).

Here are the pics:

Jims.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

2. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

sorry forgot to upload the errosion pic.

Copy-of-PICT0004.jpg

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plow the snow onto righthand side. 1,000 Loonies for the season.50. of them per plow.

4. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

thank you, that with or without salt?

5. grandview

Without salt.

6. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

How much for salt? would I have them pay by how much salt is used or by each application?

7. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Also I forgot to mention London gets around 22-25 events per season I am told.
    As for a trigger he wants between 3-4"
    Also not too much traffic and they are closed on Sundays.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  8. grandview

Close.At those events works out to 40-50 per plow. as for salt need a minimum charge.

9. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Ok thanks!

10. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

GV, just wondering but why would you plow to the right? I could see having to big of pile for the bay doors but that isnt that big of lot to pile up too much. I would backdrag the whole thing then push to the whole left side and salt with 50-80lbs bagged through a push spreader. In and out in about 10-12min. $50 for plow and $25 for the salt.

11. grandview

Toronto snow melts fast so you won't be losing that much for space. Also if a truck is backing in he needs room to maneuver.And for visibility to leave the lot.

12. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

With the owner we discussed that he wants a direct line from the road to the bay door but I could pile it on either side but once it becomes too much I will start having to use parking spots starting at the one closest to the street is the plan that we came up with but just wanted to double check with some seasoned guys.

Thanks for any and all input.

13. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

exactly what I was thinking
    same prices, same place to put it,
    and if you get a huge storm, well, you'll just have to lose a spot, (or move it out via truck). It happens.

14. JAMESBOND2509

JAMESBOND2509 Junior Member
    from Canada

You could always get one of these!

Superplow9.jpg