1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Commercial Lot-Need Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Guardbum115, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Guardbum115

Guardbum115 Junior Member
    from KS

Hey guys, looking for what you would charge for a lot this size.
    Been doing some residential work with my blower however this year has been slow. Had some interest on the commercial side which I'm new at. I know different markets will drive the price but like I said I just would like a ballpark to start in.

Area to be removed is around 5400 sq ft. I could do this with my blower but ya it's not ideal, looked into getting a bobcat to be a little more efficient for stuff like this especially if I pick up more commercial jobs.

The biz is just me so my overhead is fairly low. The residential stuff I have been doing I try to work/charge at a rate so that I'm bringing in $100 an hr which I've also seen others on here recommend as a rough goal.

Appreciate your help in advance gents.
    GB

quote2.jpg

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

What blower do you have ?

Where are you going to blow the snow ?

Roof ? Street ? Not a whole lot of places to put it

3. Guardbum115

from KS

Honda 928. Prob blow to the west and south parts of the lot, I'm sure the city would love it if I put it in the street, sounds like a bad idea and more liability.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What about the parking lot in the back
    And left side of the photo isn't that part of the lot

5. Guardbum115

from KS

Those are possibilities but the owners main focus was the area I designated. If I got the bobcat I would prob stack the snow on that west side of the bldg somewhere since it's not used for parking.

What are you guys thinking price wise?

6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

$160 for the entire lot, $100 for just the highlighted areas.

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yes...it is. I just dont see it being productive with a blower, even with a nice honda 928. Seems like a pain having to move the stuff around multiple times.

If you can figure out how long it will take you, figuring out a cost,might be easy, then factor in your overhead and profit into that cost. I think you might be a snowman by the time youre done with the lot

8. Antlerart06

So owner only wants 1/3 of the lot done I wouldn't even bid on it. That deal give a person bad name.

People be asking all the time who did a crappy job in that lot

O top that Who looks for a new guy at end of the season.

Well to clean that pile on site $50 10 mins worth of work
    To haul off $150 per hour
    I wouldnt use a WB blower on that. But if there willing pay your rate go for it.

9. Antlerart06

Don't forget you have public sidewalk will have to be cleaned unless your city cleans them

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Around here, that's a 30-35.00 lot

11. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

$50.00 with walks. 15 min of work.

12. Guardbum115

from KS

Appreciate all the feedback

13. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

i would charge at least $45

14. Guardbum115

from KS

Those of you running a bobcat with a standard bucket about how long do you think the area marked would take to complete?

15. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

i'll do it for $25

16. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Here you go...

Hire this guy, and charge the building owner $150. Pure profit....Thumbs Up

Make sure you get TPC to provide you his insurance info, so you can push any claims back onto him..:waving:

17. TPCLandscaping

insurance? i just leave the scene and let the owner deal with it

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Man... You work CHEAP ! All the way to Kansas and back for $25 per push ??

I'll pay you $28.00 per lot to come here.... and I'll even throw in a gift card to Dunkin Donuts if you shovel too...

This way, when it snows.... I get to stay HOME and watch the snow fall, and dollars roll in....Thumbs Up

Woo Hoo !

19. TPCLandscaping

Oh man I'm game…has it been above Zero for more than a day there?

I won't pull up to a residential property for anything less than $40….

That property he's showing needs a skid steer with a pusher cause there's no place to really stack it..i'd say $3500 to $4000 for the season without material.

There are a lot of variables, like what kind of office is it? Is it a zero tolerance to have it down to pavement within a certain amount of time? Do you have to have it open at a certain time? Do they want walk ways taken care of? Whats your trigger depth.

20. fishandson

fishandson Member

I just did a lot almost identical to this. She called the night before a storm and I quoted her $200 over the phone. She said do it instantly. When she paid she said she wasn't told anything less than $450 by anybody else. I thought I was killing her.