1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Business Loans or Grants

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by repo_man62, Sep 27, 2007.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can get either of these? Actually I'm going to have my wife get it as she's a woman and disabled. Since my health problems, I am a financial wreck and probably couldn't get a loan for a nickel piece of gum. And I REALLY need to get a new plow and salt truck. I missed out on all of last season but can get my old accounts back. So I gotta get the ball rollin. Thanks in advance.

2. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

no grants

no grants unless your working for a project for the government, or to better enable a minority group, and plowing cant really fit that bill since the govt wont need a small person with one truck, and you will look like a jerk saying you are only going to plow for minority groups and nonprofit rates. try to have your wife get a loan if your credit is an issue, but with bad health are you sure you want to plow? dont mean to sound like a jerk just letting you know the system of loans and grants(lack of)

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Repo_Man...In your endeavors as a repossessor haven't you made friends with a banker who will stick with you through thick and thin? Every lender that I work for has my back and I wouldn't hesitate to approach them if I was in need.

But to answer your original question, most banks are affiliated with the SBA and should be able to help you or your wife obtain some sort of financing.

Good luck

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Not in this town of 3800 people.

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Repo, I am guessing you are interested in lending options for a snow plowing business. Ive never heard of that, but a truck and plow you should be able to get a loan for. I dont know how much you will be able to finance, and they are def going to want a down payment, but you should be alright. Good luck!

6. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I DONO? what? your Finincial situation IS--but--You must know some One? that has Bucks--that would at least CO Sign--so you could get a Truck & Plow-- as You don*t need a New one to Start off with--just as Good Used One!--& Don*t be Affriad to ASK as ALL they can SAY is NO! & Your allready There! before You Ask?--Good luck!--OleTower--

7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

you can get the application forms for sba loans right online.
    http://www.sba.gov/sbaforms/sba4.pdf
    im not aware of a disability program other than military service disability however ive never try to file one for someone disabled either so........

community bank of eldorado springs i have listed for sba.

annualcreditreport.com
    if you want to look up you or your wifes credit.

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Repo, it may not help very immediately, but you can try contacting your state Vocational Rehabilitation Division. Might be within Dept of Educ or Dept of Labor. I use to live in Missouri and I think it was with Dept of Ed. They don't give loans, but they might help with the purchase of items needed for your vocational endeavor. When I lived there, I worked across the river with Kansas VR. Both had very similar programs.