1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Small Apartment Building

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jerpa, Sep 24, 2014.

1. jerpa

jerpa Member

Bidding the apartment building below. The red area is new asphalt and will be plowed and salted. The area in pink is gravel and will just be plowed. Two entrances are yellow. Pretty busy road. Blue areas are where I have to place snow. The green area is a small loading dock.

It's only a little over a 1/4 acre. I will have to move basically all the the snow in the front lot to the back of the building. May be a 1" or 2" trigger and pricing does not include any return trips if cars are in the way. It's 1/4 mile from my parents driveway so definitely convenient. I'll be using an 8' DXT V-Plow, with wings.

My thoughts:

Salt will cost me ~$20 per app so $70 for salt.

1" Trigger - $50 + Salt

2" Trigger - $65 + Salt

Thanks for your help.

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

65 bucks? that seems cheap to me
  3. jerpa

jerpa Member

Yeah I'm not sure how to price in the PITA factor of moving the snow around back but I still don't see more than ~20 minutes of work on 2". Am I crazy?
  4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I wouldn't do that for $65, the salt sounds good though
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I would say 35-40mins but thats me, $85-2" / $65-1" My WI price, Salts good.
  6. jerpa

jerpa Member

I think you are closer than I was. The more I run through it in my head the longer it takes.

Thanks for the opinions.