1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HOLLYWOOD, Jan 28, 2004.

HOLLYWOOD Member

MY question is if your plowing trigger is 2'' but you plow the
    slush so it wound't frezee do you charge for a plow?

We had freezing rain in PITTSBURGH if yon didn't plow the 1/2" of snow and slush it would be 2'' of ice....

I'm just wonder how to charge fairly .
  2. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Charge the same as you would if your trigger was met. You still spent the same gas, had the same sleepless time, and spent the same time there, didn't you? So why should they get of the hook?I called all my customers and warned them when this occured last week. Most didn't want it plowed. I probably shouldh've charged more the next time I went to the accounts, but I just let them know I would not be removing any ice left over from a previous storm. You would think people would be willing to pay a measly $35 for their own safety, but not my accounts.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

oh yeah thats so chargeable
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

This last ice/snow storm a great example of using a "trigger depth" as whether to plow or not. We use a trigger of 2 inches as a starting point to begin plowing . We plow and or salt each and every storm regardless of the accumulation , even if the predicted temperatures are 75 degrees the next day. Why ?
    Because the weatherman isnt always right. This morning all my lots are black . And no complaints.