1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slush...and lots of it?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bstout, Feb 17, 2008.

1. bstout

bstout Member

It's exactly one half mile from my front door to my mailbox. We've had a dandy winter here so far with tons of snow. It warmed up and has been drizzling rain all night.

My question is: My driveway is full of wet heavy slush (6" or so) and the temp is going to drop. Do I move it or let it freeze down before the snow begins? The freezing drizzle will be changing over to snow soon and it's suppose to snow all day long.
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

push it now or ull never get it till it melts
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a no brainer there..:D

Why in the Boss forum though? Just thought I'd ask :)
  4. bstout

bstout Member

I'm somewhat new to plowing snow. I bought a new Boss Sport Poly this year and I'm still learning how to use it.

I've got my driveway as clean as I could get it. I had to take it really easy or the blade would trip from the weight of the slush.

Done deal now.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Let it snow!
  5. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

boss or western

i cant make up my mind in getting a new plow. i keep hearing good and bad from both western and boss. im trying to find out any helpful info about either or. please feel free to share
  6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

mike this was my first thought i was like i am in the boss place right then i just decided to answer the question. and for the last person who posted between boss or western which ever u get the dealer support is really what u need to find. i own a couple meyers u just learn to problem solve the best u can on no matter what u buy.