1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slugish Meyer E60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 24hrsparkey, Feb 28, 2007.

1. 24hrsparkey

24hrsparkey Junior Member

Hello i'm new here , much to learn .

My 3 year old Meyer E 60 pump is Sometimes sluggish. Up and side to side. Sometimes it goes right back to its almost too quick and snappy opperating . More times though its sluggish , the motor semingly not full RPMs.
    ONE thing however , IF i jam it all the way Left ,, most times it will go back to normal snappy opp for awhile.
    So far ..........
    changed fluid
    cleaned screens
    checked ALL elec conns , all are 100%
    replaced main HD power solinoid

my thoughts/further guess-es
    motor brushes , worn or sticking in holders
    stickey pilot ck valve
    stickey b or c solinoid

Any input greatly app. The plow works ,, but i know there is a gremlin somewhere.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

How much have you used it?
    If it's had over 100 hrs a year I would consider replacing the pumps motor.
    You can get them fairly cheap at a automotive rebuild shop. About $90 trade in vers $150 for new.If you just buy a new one keep the old one for a spare. You have covered all the other bases so it must be the motor. My E47 works great after it gets working a lot and warmed up. You sure it's not working from start to finish?