1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveO, Feb 7, 2001.

1. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

How did the new Dodge work out? This storm was a good test.

Need a V for my Ram!!!

Dave

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Dave, I love the dodge. Out of all the trucks that I have had, this truck plows the best. We got 11" here. How did you do? I think when you put a blade on your dodge, your ford will sit.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Oh my God I think I'm going to throw up!:mad:
    Just kidding,to each there own.
    Anything that doesn't brake down during a storm works for me!
    Happy Plowing:D

4. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Scott,

We got about 4-6". The Ford did OK with that. You can't kill the 6's torque when multiplied by 1st gear(creeper). I plowed a drive @ work(Norwood), yesterday morning. About a foot deep, bottom 2" were solid. Pushed around the horsehoe section, truck just went sideways. Not enough weight/speed to move that heavy stuff. Had to lift the blade and skim it. Straight shot was OK, backdraggin it was a joke. Paid for my gas $$ to work at least.

We got snow till 6pm. Then heavy rain till 11pm. Then heavy wind driven snow till 1am Tues. I had everyone done by midnight, slept from 1-4am. Went back out and cleaned up about 2" more. I'm actually glad we didn't get a foot plus of this stuff. Made me think about the V for the Ram....

Mike,

I thought you were a dispatcher?? LOL...I like ALL brands, they all have pro's/con's. Have ya driven a new diesel ram lately? I have driven/plowed with all 3 diesels. Wouldn't complain about any of them...but don't tell Dino that.

Dave

5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

DaveO,
    You are right!Only thing I have to worry about is if my digitel tv goes out.Then no Sopranos:eek:
    Anyway I am still paying for my Ford,can't go shopping for a new truck,like all you big spenders:D
    When I think of Dodge,I still hear that whining starter they had for so many years:D:D
    Oh boy back to the bathroom!