1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slowing down the V Plow

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by mikefras, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mikefras

mikefras Member

My V plow raises fine and angles fine but when I lower it. It feels like the chain fell off. I noticed other V plows lower nicely and don't have that earth shattering crash. Is there a restriction missing in the Blade lower portion of the hydraulic circuit? Or am I destined to spill my coffee each time I lower the blade....:confused:

2. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

not entirely sure,but your ops manual should tell you how to slow it down,im sure its just a simple adjustment

3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The v plow has a adjustable float valve.At the end of the valve that is by itself near the hoses.

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

as amocerino said my new v was the same way when we put it together adjusted the deal on the end and it sets down nice and soft now almost beuatiful.

5. mikefras

mikefras Member

I will have to check it out when I get home. Thanks for the help, the local dealer had no idea what I was talking about.
    You guys rock.

Thanks guys

Mike

6. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

The local dealer here blows period! I bought a used curtis plow and have refurbished it. This years upgrade included some welding and conversion to the new style two piece wirng harness. When I purchased the harness from the dealer the plow side harness was not in any sort of packaging. Sales person told me it was never used, but rather the installation crew, (if you could call them that) tried it on a plow for troubleshooting purposes, bu that it didn't work on that plow. Should have been my first clue 'cause curtis uses the same harness on every plow, so if it didn't work on the plow they were trouble shooting, it obviously won't work on any other curtis plow neither. Well gues what, everything works except for the jack leg (intermitten problem). Very pissed........Thx ActioN Truck & Van World.........idiots!

7. mikefras

mikefras Member

The only good installer is now working the cash... go figure. They are great for excuses. 6 weeks plus to get a Trip pin for my V blade. They had the plow semi assembled in the show room since last year and nobody figure it was important to get all the correct parts. It would be nice to see a real dealer for Curtis in Sudbury Ont

They didn't even get the pin from Curtis... they had one made up at a local shop.

8. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Curtis store number 508-363-1464
    They were pretty fast for me!

9. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Unless action van&truck world gives up the dealership, you won't see another curtis dealer in the area, as they are the ontario wide dealer, there are a few other small shops that carry curtis, but none around here:cry::realmad: