1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slowing down drop speed/rate

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NH-Dave, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Brand new at plowing, in fact I have only owned a plow for 5 hours as I write this.
    I got the plow for free - 8ft Fisher with MMII. I had a local dealer install it.
    The plow is only two years old.
    I have a Chevy 2500 HD with the 6.0, factory plow package but I did not
    get the plow when I bought it.

I don't know if this is a problem or an adjustment or a live with it problem.

When I lower the blade, it goes down really fast just like a quick dump on a FEL.
    It just drops!

Is there an adjustment some where that I can make the lower speed/rate go slower?
    Also, if there is is there a link.

I have the hand held (fishstick??) controller.

Thanks
    Dave[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

There is a screw on the back of the pump that uses a regular screw driver. Turn it a little at a time as a little goes a long way. I think it is nice when it drops fast it doesn't really do harm and it cuts through the snow/ice better especially when backdragging. Not to mention it takes less time to wait for the plow to drop.

3. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I owe you :drinkup:

I'll go look tomorrow.
    initially It scared the beegees out of me.
    It dropped down ""BANG""with just the slightest touch on the controller.

4. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Having it drop fast can be a good thing, as it will help to knock off any snow that is stuck to the blade, and it will help cut through snow better when you want to backdrag. I have mine adjusted as far out as it will go, and wish it would drop a bit faster.

5. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I also have a new fisher and need to know how to slow the blade drop.
    I looked on my MM2 motor and there is 2 holes what one do i adjust top or bottom hole and what way to slow down clockwise or counter clockwise?

6. mxzrevman

mxzrevman Junior Member
    from ny