1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slowing at 50+

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by JD PLOWER, Dec 8, 2002.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have noticed that when the site gets over 50 members and guests on it it seems to get very slow. Is anybody else noticing this? Or is this strictly on my end?
  2. administrator

administrator Guest

What kind of connection do you have?

I have not noticed any slow down at all on my end.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a cable modem. I may have been wrong about it being slow when theres more than 50 people since as I'm posting this there is about 30 on now and the connection is as slow as ever. I guess this is on my end but other sites pages are loading with average speed? Thanks Chuck.
  4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

The problem could be with how much is stored in your temporary internet files folder.

Try this and see if it helps:
    For Internet Explorer
    (My version is 6.0)

Go to "Tools" left click, then left click "Internet Options", In the middle section "Temporary Internet files left click "Delete Files",

Then a window will pop up click in the white box so it is selected, then click "Okay".

That should help some, let me know.