1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow wing movement? Try this

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by 1xjayman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. 1xjayman

1xjayman Junior Member

Hello all, thought i'd share a tip with you that hopefully saves you time and money in the future.
    I have an 11 year old 8'6 v plow that the right wing would return at a quarter of the speed as the left wing. Long story short I diagnosed that the problem was the valve cartridge connected to the coil for that function.
    The nearest dealer is 45 miles away so I decided to take a closer look at it. After removing valve youll notice screening where the fluid flows through. Mine was all gunked up, cleaned with a pin, nail and some brake fluid and its good as new!

I thought I'd write this because when I did a search of my problem I cam back with nothing.
    So dont buy new Valve cartridges my friends ! Clean the screen , they'll work like new and you'll save $100.