1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Wing??? any ideas?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by kevlars, Oct 21, 2014.

1. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I have a 8 1/2' V plow. I believe this will be it's fifth season. I just put on new cutting edges, so, not much use.

My question is, when I go from V to scoop or scoop to V, one wing is slower than the other. Not a lot slower, but it is definately slower.

Any ideas why this would happen? I don't remember it being like this all along. I also put on new hoses last season.

Thanks for any help,
    Kevlars

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Sounds like air in hydraulic system, did you bleed it when you changed the hoses or last changed the fluid?

3. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I did bleed it when I put the hoses on. But, I am going to change fluid before this season, and will bleed it again then. I hope that is the issue. It did get low on fluid when I had a leaking hose, so, maybe I didn't get all the air out.

Thanks for the info.

Kevlars

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are the wings operating at the same time?

5. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Yes they are moving at the same time. It's just that the one doesn't react and move as fast.

Kevlars

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe the valve is gummed up. Or that's just normal

7. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

From day one, my right wing is always a touch slower than the left wing. Just had our dealer replace the hoses and fluid last year under warranty, so I doubt it's a air-in-the-fluid issue.