1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow to raise

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hydro_37, Dec 12, 2007.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Lobo and it is slow to raise. The wings move quicky like they should but raisint he blade takes forever. The motor sounds like it may be straining. Don't think it is the motor because the wings move and dont cause the motor to strain. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model plow, Lobo, 28V? how old? What pump? what's the serial number?

3. hydro_37

from iowa

Lobo V. approx 5 years old. Ser #99C100647(I think) It was covered with some overspray paint. I timed it and it takes 5.5 seconds to fully lift. I also checked another guys Lobo V and it was faster then mine.

4. hydro_37

from iowa

ok.....Checked out the plow again. Put a stopwatch on it....11 seconds to raise if the blades are angled back. 12.5 secondes if the blades are in a full scoop position. 12 seconde to take a wing from all the way back to full forward. Is this normal????

5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Sounds about right to me....the factory confirmed it on mine....