1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow to lift and angle m/m

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TJH-NH, Dec 9, 2010.

1. TJH-NH

TJH-NH Junior Member

I have an 8' fisher m/m that is 10 years old. It seems slow to lift and angle. My m/m 2 is twice as fast. I have already changed the fluid and filter, put a new motor on it and adjusted the crossover and pump relief valves. I'm not sure if the pump is weak and needs an over haul. Or if the pump is the type of thing that either works or it doesn't. I haven't checked the pressure due to lack of a gauge. Any ideas would be helpful.

2. TJH-NH

TJH-NH Junior Member

so I put a pressure gauge on the pump and it is right at 1700 to 1800 psi. Right where it should be. Not sure if the poppet check valves could be the problem?

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Check and clean your grounds to make sure they're good and solid and right on the battery. Mine was at the alternator GND bolt and it was slow and the lights dimmed whenever I ran the motor...now it doesn't.