1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Server?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Pelican, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Is anyone else experiencing the pages loading slow tonight? I've also had "Server too busy" message come up a number of times when "Who's Online" shows only 14 people on line.
  2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

A couple of mornings ago it told me the server was too busy when there was only me and 1 guest online. :rolleyes:
  3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I don't know if you have a cable modem or not, I do, sometimes the whole net is slow for me. I called my service provider: Road Runner, and was told that a slow down will happen when a lot of people from the same "node" are on line.

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

It would happen to me a few times before, but all of them was when there was like 5 to 10 people on the site. :confused:
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm still on dial up, I usually connect at about 44k. When it gets slow, it's really slow for me!

I got a notice from the cable company yesterday that digital is finally available, I applied but am still waiting to here back from them. I love my rural location, but there are a few downfalls.
  6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Im on dial up too, but its operating fine for me, knock on wood. Rarely when I click on something though, it goes to an "Action Cancelled" page where I have to hit my back button and try again, but that happens in every site, not just here. Mike
  7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

"I'm still on dial up, I usually connect at about 44k. When it gets slow, it's really slow for me!"

Come on Pelican we are lucky we have service out in the country
    :D 44 is great compared to my office of only 32. I happen to be at the end of the line and it the worst connection I have seen so far.

Maybe you should put on those wooden shoes and give it a swift kick. LOL Then I will borrow them!