1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow right wing: X-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PLM-1, Nov 15, 2010.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

My right wing seems to be slow. It didn't change when I just changed the fluid and filter. When I go to scoop, it's probably a good 3 seconds slower than the left wing. Called the dealer and they said it's normal. I guess I don't remember it being slow last year. I do remember it working itself out of straight or scoop when stacking though. How fast are your wings!? Do they tend to stay in the position in which you leave them when stacking?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Normal for the left wing to be faster simply because it's priority in the hydro circuits when both wings are being extend simultaneously.

Some wing creeping while stacking (hard) is also normal but if it seems excessively weak it may need a relief valve adjustment to bring it/them up to spec. Or you're simply hitting piles too hard......it's a snowplow not a bulldozer. :D

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply! Glad it's probably nothing ...whew. Now, if I could just get a cutting edge to last a season!

4. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Mine does the same thing. Not really a big deal. But 3 seconds AFTER the other is quite a long time. Is it really a full 3 seconds?

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I'll time it! There is quite a bit of difference.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That sounds like a line from the DD excuse book