1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow right wing on vx85

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Skarcher, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Skarcher

Skarcher Junior Member

anyone had problems with a VX right wing moving slow outwards. but retracts just fine, also having problems with what sounds like pump sticking on for about 30sec
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Did you buy this VX last season or this season? I ask, because VX's from last season were eligible for a hydraulic upgrade (to this season's design). What you are describing might be related.

The pump sticking on should be looked at - it's either the starter solenoid or the controller (based on what you've said).
  3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

ha ha this is how it starts. They fixed mine so well its still broke. They upgraded mine 5 times (replaced pump, all the lines, all the cylinders, valve body). Not to mention all the "buyers quick fixes" ie flushing the system, changing o rings, replacing valves, etc.... All of which still did not fix the issues. Heres an idea buyers How about you guys actaualy test a product BEFORE you decide to sell it to consumers.
  4. Skarcher

Skarcher Junior Member

my first mistake i bought the plow from a unclaimed freight company i do know that the plow is 2009 model and was used as a demo this was what i was told so i do not think that eligible for that upgrade if iam please let me know. I will take it to my closes dealer which is Evans Supply in N.Canton, OH as far it being the controller i bought it and truck mount and wiring harness from Quality Truck in Youngstown, OH
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Your plow is eligible - I'd rather get the new block on it. Talk to Evans, the part is 3016553 and have them call with any questions.

They'll need to get the part and flush the plow. The block may or may not be your problem, but as it replaces all of the wing control valves, it will fix it. If your controller is the issue they'll be able to see that.

Easiest way to check the controller is hit a function, and check all the valves that should be HOT (and all the valves that SHOULDN'T BE) using the logic table on the cover of the HPU.

6. Skarcher

Skarcher Junior Member

thanks so very much Mr.Moorman I just called Evans Supply and Dave said he will be calling you. Thank you again
  7. I have a very similar problem. The blade doesn't want to turn to the left as fast as it does to the right. blade was purchased in 09 and didn't see much use as it stopped snowing in my part of ontario in early february.
  8. X-Dogg

X-Dogg Junior Member

Reading this is very unsettling! This is EXACTLY what we are going through with our blades.