1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow pump

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Elite Property Services, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I have a 8 yr old unimount 8' pro lately after about 1 hr of use motor turns but with lots of drag on pump wont lift or angle normally very slow like under drag. Flushed system cleaned filter still acts up. most of the time i can get it to free up just by quickly hitting joystick. Any suggestions would be great thanks for time.
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the motor is probably getting weak. take a pair of jumper cables and hook to pos and neg on the batt. hook the neg end to your motor ground. have someone run the control left and right and hook the pos to the motor pos. does the sound change? does it angle faster than without the cables? if it does your solenoid or plow batt cable could be bad. if no change i would look at new motor.