1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CLC, Oct 7, 2004.

1. CLC

CLC Junior Member

I have a 2002 dodge ram truck with a fisher plow that came off my 2000 dodge ram the dealer changed everything over for me but the plow is slow moving! I have a new battery, connections are good, new motor, also when I use the plow it drains the power from the truck all the ACC. will shut off. Any ideas what could be causing this? THANK YOU Andrew

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

did u get the alternator checked

3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Its sounds like it might be possible you have a ground issue. Check back all major grounds make sure they grounded it properly.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i second the ground issue. check that there is a ground front the pump motor all the way to the battery. the plow carriage will not be a good enough ground. you might want to check the positive to, just make sure that the wire is in good shape and not chaffed through anywhere. good luck