1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow plow need help!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Cfdff85, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

:realmad:

I don’t know what it could be but my plow seems to move left and right very slowly, considering people are asking how to slow them down. I made owned both fisher and Meyers before my boss i have to say i love the boss more than the other two but this is driving me nuts. Also when raising the plow, holding up on the smart touch control the blade lifts about half way then stops, i have to push and hold it again to continue the plow upwards. I have always changed the fluid annually and this morning i took apart the reservoir and checked the screens, everything was clear. im thinking either a wiring issue causing a bad drain (but my battery’s never die when the plows on off or being used) or maybe my battery’s are shot
    HELPPPPP!

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Just a guess, but you are having trouble with all functions......I think I would be looking at the pump motor

3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

yeah its just slow all around :-/

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poor electrical connections or supply to the motor or a dying motor are the common ones. Boss are well known to be lighting quick especially during angle functions so you definitely have an issue that needs addressed.

5. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Thanks for your help!! Im starting to lean towards it being the motor, since i know when i installed the plows wiring it was done right. So im really thinking its the motor. I wonder what that will run me? If my warrantee expired

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So the plow is somewhere around two years old?

7. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

yea this is my second winter with it.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

May want to check your purchase date before you do anything. Might be warranty work in your future. :drinkup:

9. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

is the mfg. date stamped on the plow or able to be determined through serial numbers? i have all the paper work and docs. in the office.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For warranty work you go by the customer purchase date not by the date the plow was manufactured. So check your paperwork.

11. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

ROGER!! B&B thanks for the help!