1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow payment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cutntrim, Mar 1, 2002.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Have the rest of you in "no snow" areas noticed a slowdown in how fast your customers send their payment? I think we've only plowed three times all winter and the last time was jan.31/feb.1!

Everyone's under seasonal contract (thank God!), but they're taking their sweet time sending payment. Half the money I billed on Feb.5th hasn't come in yet. I'm sure it'll come, but the storage yard, gas co., insurance co., phone co., etc.... could care less. The owner always is the last to get paid!
  2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Not to worry as it hasn't been 30 days & all most everybody thinks it's OK to wait till the very last second to pay. ;) You know most poeple think Business owners are filthy rich :D :D & don't need the money on time to pay their own bills.

Sorry to say all mine accounts are 10 day payers & on time, but almost all my accounts I've had for over 15 yrs. & know me well.
  3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

We sent a postage-paid return envelope with our bills - it does help encourage some to do the nasty deed that much sooner.
  4. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Invoices are marked "payment due upon receipt", but most wait a full 30 days. These are all commercial customers. Some I've had for several years, but that doesn't change the way they pay.

I've been around long enough to know it just goes with the job, but I felt like whining anyway.