1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow operation

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sven1277, Dec 21, 2013.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

ph1 8611lp. It feels and sounds like when the pickup elbow has popped out into the reservoir or when the fluid level is low. I have checked both and they are fine. I also cleaned the main plug connector. After extending one wing completely, the second wing will extend but slowly and sounds like its sucking a little air. It's not leaking. I plan to pull the reservoir to check it further. Is there a screen that could be blocked? Could this be a sign that the pump needs replacement? Thanks for your suggestions.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes to all. Can't really tell till you get the res off and look inside.
    A psi test will tell what the pump is putting out
    Is the fluid foamy at all?

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

No, the fluid is not foamy

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. Then I would pull the res and see what's going on behind it

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

When was it last flushed and filters cleaned?

6. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Pulled the res. Cleaned the screen though it wasn't bad. Topped it off. No change

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Check pressure

8. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

maybe you got fluid getting by within the cyclinder, run the ram out to the end and take off the return line on the other end of the cylinder and try pushing it out more and see if you got fluid getting past the head, if you have a head coming loose it will pass oil past the head