1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow moving plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsc824, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

My unimount is moving up down left and right, but moving slow and sounds like its struggling to move. It has been in the negative degrees here lately but not -50 which the fluid is rated to.

About a month ago the pump had a fluid change and filter change. Any ideas what might be the problem? I checked all the wires and connections and they seem fine as im getting movement.

Any help would be great, expecting a storm tomorrow......

Also im pretty sure the first time I moved it after hooking up it moved at normal speed and then started acting up...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Figured it out. Filter had afrozen layer on it somehow.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I would flush out the whole system, and use the blue hydraulic fluid..Clean the screen with brake cleaner..

4. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Thats the weird part, I just flushed the system about a month ago and used the blue fluid an put in a new filter.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

water is coming in from somewhere.

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Bad seal around the motor