1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow moving fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by diesel dust, Dec 12, 2009.

1. diesel dust

diesel dust Junior Member

Well found the problem with my slow moving minute mount 1 you look at the pictures and tell me whats wrong

2009_1213bikedirt0001.jpg

2009_1213bikedirt0003.JPG

2009_1213bikedirt0002.JPG

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

big lack or maint in the past.

flush out whole system / drain rams and flush out / new filter install / and fisher blue fluid. and run it.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like your almost ready for a new filter....WOW thats bad, flush it out a time or 2, new filter and your good to go:drinkup:

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What seems to be the trouble. That filter has some life left in her yet, I'ld run her as is.:D

5. diesel dust

diesel dust Junior Member

Yes big lack of changing the oil 10 years:nono: because the drain plug is striped out but I cleaned the filter and reinstalled fill with wife's Porsche fluid:eek: It was the only thing i had during the last storm. works like new.

Pentosin
    Power Steering Fluid; 11.S Synthetic; 1 Liter
    Only for models specifying CHF 11.S hydraulic fluid.

$51.30 per liter

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Is that what they call a charcoal filter?

7. imac

imac Junior Member

Hey, I have a slow moving mm plow and today I pulled the motor and added fluid. That didn't help though. Would you mind walking me through the procedure for removing the pump(yours looks just like mine) and pulling the filter. I am thinking the filter is below the pump and it look like you just had to remove two bolts to get the pump out, but I want to be extra sure since we have a storm coming this weekend.
    Thanks, Imac

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Didn't even realize that was the filter, i thought it was a broken piece of metal! Wow that's nasty lookin' you should be all set now!

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's what I thought too!wesport

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

If your pump is the same style pump as diesel dust (SEHP pump), then remove the drain plug and drain the fluid from the reservoir (tip: I simply remove the pump assembly from the headgear, remove the motor, and then dump the contents into a bucket to be disposed of properly.

Once you have the fluid drained you'll see the actual pump on the bottom of the reservoir. Note how it is situated in there before removing. you can reinstall it backwards and you won't realize it until you try an mount the motor to it. Now, 2 of the 4 corner bolts actually secure it to the reservoir, I forget which ones, but there diagonal from one another. if you need to, you can remove all 4.

Now remove the pick up filter and replace (part # 7053). inspect the large o ring on the under side. replace if needed (part # 5821).

Now, clean the reservoir with a can of brake cleaner and lots of shop rags. Once it is clean, re install the pump and motor. You'll need to remove the old motor gasket, use a razor to scrape away any stubborn pieces. Replace with a new gasket (part # 5822), reinstall motor and wires and our done.

If the fluid, reservoir, and filter were extremely dirty it is a good idea to flush the system after you get it back together. See page 5 http://www.fisherplows.com/pdfs/26404_061504.pdf.

pump.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pump.jpg

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Holy sludge batman! YIKES!

12. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

:eek:holy hell thats bad. I just replaced my pump yesterday in one of the trucks because it was moving slow. we did a system flush in the fall but it looked real bad when we opened it up. The pump was starting to deteriorate. shavings everywhere, brown oil. Replaced the whole thing and its good as new.

In case anyone else is doing this don't forget to flush out the angle cylinders otherwise you'l clog the new system right up again.

13. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Great write up Ryan. I'll have to save it for the off-season.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I actually printed it out for friend just last night. Maybe he can do his own maintenance next season. :D

15. TONY labounty

TONY labounty Junior Member

slow moving

hello-if you got that much metal on the filter check your aframe to see if its bent-putting load on angle pistons and scraping inside piston tubes--and clogging filter