1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slow moving fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bulldogg01, Jan 24, 2005.

1. bulldogg01

bulldogg01 Junior Member

i have an older hydro 8' fisher on my 97 F250. the problem is, it doesn't want to move up,left,right too fast. it doesn't sink if i leave it up even with the truck turned off. i just put it on this year new pump full of dexron III, new belt-not slipping. my guess is air just wondering if anyone else had any idea.

2. daninline

daninline Senior Member

was it working faster before the pump change or last year?

3. bulldogg01

bulldogg01 Junior Member

the plow is old, but new to the truck. when i put it on this truck i bought a new pump-the one that came with the plow was no good-it runs slow when i start plowing & it actually seems to get slower the longer i'm out-although that may just be in my head.

4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

This is true - the hotter your engine compartment gets, the thinner the oil gets and the slower the pump will move. The hydro setup on my 1989 chevy takes about 5 seconds from bottem to top and 6-8 seconds from one side to the other. This is when its fully warm.

They are just incredibly slow - not much you can do to speed them up

-Greg