1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow moving blade

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CTPlow, Dec 25, 2004.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

I have a second year Meyer II plow that was working great for my first year of plowing last year, but now over this past year, everything was fine until I did my routine check up on it over the past summer.
    All of a sudden, the plow blade started mowing very slowly up, and side to side. Everything is fine when lowering it. It also makes a loud squeking noise when it reaches the top position upon raising.
    It is under warranty and will be taking it in soon to check it out, but in the meantime, it would be nice if I could just fix it myself so I'm not stuck without a truck if it happens to snow. Yeah, I know, I totally procrastinated getting my butt to the plow shop over the fall and up unitl now.
    Anyone have any ideas of what it might be? Maybe its a loose connection.....dont think its a leak....maybe the battery but its brand new and wouldnt seem to make sense here.
    Its just odd that all of a sudden these problems happened basically out of knowhere. :angry:
    Any help? Thanks.

2003 F350 with Meyer II
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

start with the basics- clean the connections and a fluid change if you havent already done one.

if you did are you sure you put enough fluid in and its the right viscosity?