1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Williams Ex Co, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

Boss V plow.... Angles and retracts great but it it so slow raising the plow. Acts like it is drawing a HUGE amount of amperage, will nearly dim the lights to a point that you dont see them much. Motor runs much slower raising plow than when angling... I have checked all the connections at the batteries, no corrosion found. Have 4 gage wire from alternator to battery but I can still run the batteries down to the point I have to drive around to recharge them. Let me re-phrase that.... If I use the plow a lot it will drain the driver side battery but not the passenger side battery, I can shut the truck off and easily restart it. Any ideas on what would make the pump work so hard raising the plow? Thanks in advance....

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

likely the motor is going bad. hook jumper cables to the battery and then to the motor and push up. if it's faster then you have a bad connection. if not, weak motor.:nod:

3. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks... I'll give that a try tomorrow morning. Hope its just a connection I missed somewhere and not a bad motor.... I've gotten about 3-4 inches since early this afternoon and predicted to get 10-14 total with lots of wind to make it interesting!!