1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow angle to the left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Nascar24, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Last night I flushed my hydraulic fluid and cleaned my filter, I also adjusted the lift valve and all seemed well, fairly even lift, decent drop and a 4.5 seconf cycle left to right and right to left. Went out today and plowed for the first time I noticed as the day went on that the plow angled slower to the left than the right, about 7 seconds going from right angle to left angle and still 4.5 seconds going from left to right. At times with the blade straight it would not angle left until I actually angled right then it would angle left.This only seemed to happen after long plowing spells, if I parked the truck for an hour or so, the plow seemed to work fine again

Any suggestions?

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I had the same thing happen to me. My filter kept getting clogged. Took the whole pump apart and cleaned it really well. Replaced the lift cylinder packing. It kept getting clogged, The packing in the angle cylinders was getting bad. I replaced the cylinders with a set I had, and the problem was solved.

Also try taking out the valves and cleaning them with brake cleaner and compressed air.

What was the filter clogged with? Mine had a black/brown fiber like stuff.

Btw: I dont know all of this on my own, B&B Helped me out with my problem:drinkup: I'm Just relaying the info.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Jay your problem is a little different than the trouble Dstosh had with his since it's only affecting your angle left function, I'd suspect either a failing quick coupler or your angle cable is stretching and getting out of spec as you use it.

Both can be temperature and usage related too..but I'd go after the cable first.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Particularly since you adjusted the lift valve. that will throw the angle balance out of whack.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thaks Guys

I 'll see what I can do to adjust the angle cable.