1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow angle to left then fine???

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nevrnf, Feb 15, 2009.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Plow was fine for 1st 2 hours then all of a sudden it is slow/hard to angle left. Motor sounds like it is struggling. If i go right then left it will go a little further each time until i reach full lock left. Once i get there it will go all the way lock to lock without any issue for a few minutes. If i go back to center or to the right for a few minutes it does this again. I have removed both angle rams and the plow will swing easily both directions. I looked at both rams and they look straight. The end pins for the rams are pretty bent. Could they be keeping the ram from pivoting ? I am going to remove the hoses and try collapsing/extending the rams manually to see if they are sticking. Any other ideas?

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check s3 and s4 and crossover valves sounds like something is stuck!!!!

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Get those pins changed, may have overextended a cylinder with the pins being bent?

Time for Jerre's Nuts?

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

how would over extending the ram do this?
    Would it not continue to stick everytime i go left if the ram was damaged?
    Would it be the right ram trying to extend or the left trying to collapse that the overextending would have damaged?
    The plow only sticks after it passes the straight position when trying to go left. If i am at full right i can go to straight or a bit farther before it sticks.
    The problem stops once i get the plow full left. I can then go back and forth without issue.
    As far as a coil could it stick if it sits inactive?

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

First check the s3and s4 valves make sure nothing in the valve ie part of packing or o-rings then check cylinder for over extending or bent

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You will probably find a divot in the side of the case on the drivers side cyl where it is hitting the brace for the plow jack stand. More problems to come if you don't address the pin and stop issues.

J

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I cleaned the S3-S4 and found somecrud on both. I also replaced the 4 pins. THe ones i took out were only slightly bent. I only had to tap them out. Plow seems to move fine except for the last inch to the left now.
    Thanks Jerre, I will look at the cylinder for a mark.