1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow angle speed problem.

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Duncan90si, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I have a Curtis 2000 that is causing me some grief. It will lift just fine, but it started angling really slow. When I'm angling it, it has a high pitch squealing/screeching sound to it. It sounds like its running out of fluid, but its not. I checked it and its full.

All my connections are good (I'm gonna go double check them). Fluid was changed about a week ago. Any ideas? Stuck valve? Any help is appreciated.
  2. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

I can almost garauntee you its in the wiring, probably not getting full 12 volts throught to solenoids for angling.......I had many issues and demons with my curtis this year and they sounded alot like your issue, all issues resolved once i got fed up with the old wiring harness and converted to the new double plug harness.........trust me, its in your wiring!:drinkup:
  3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Does it have the same problem in both angles?You can swap the coils on the valve to see if its in the valve or harness.
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes it does it both ways. The wiring looks good as I have worked on it many times lately. I have a new positive and neg lead with a new plug going from the truck to the pump motor.

I pulled the coils off of the valve and cleaned the valve. I removed the reservoir and cleaned it and the screens, filled it with more new fluid and it has only done it once to me since then.

Before I upgrade the wiring, I think I'm gonna upgrade the whole plow. The plow came with the truck when I bought it. There are no Curtis dealers close to me for parts either. Being that its a Sno Pro 2000 and not a 3000 it has to be old. Anyone with an idea of when they stopped making these plows?