1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slow angle at end of stroke on new VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gunsworth, Jan 5, 2012.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

this is an 8.2 VXT only used one month last year. When putting it in the scoop position, both wings go pretty even until the end, the right side slows down and does a quick hesitation before fully extending. Left goes smooth and even. I pulled the cover and all the valves seem tight, should i pull the one for the right wing and try cleaning it up (which one controls right extend?)

Just to eliminate truck side, i switched it to my other truck and no change
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Mine does the exact same thing, but on the left wing. Bought new last Oct, 3rd set of edges so it was was used alot last winter.
    Truthfully the new plow is slower all together than the old 04' 9'2", go figure.....
  3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

:dizzy: 3 edges in one season, holy crap! Guess I will just deal with it, more annoying than anything, hopefully it isnt straining the pump too much

And another thing, if I just extend that wing it moves fine.
  4. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Un-even return spring tension is usually the cause. A 1/4 turn of the tension nut can be the difference. I just wouldn't worry about it as you can get them to extend perfect...and then one spring weakens cuz your windrow to one direction more times then the other and your back to that same problem. Just keep plowing and don't worry about it.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

6. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I agree some question get asked over and over but there's no need to feel sorry as the correct search words would be tough for finding any related threads to your question in this case. I sort of cheated because I knew where to find them. :D

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Probably covered in one of the dozen threads B&B posted but what about greasing the center pin? I ran Boss years ago the first V I bought squeaked and squaked after about the first 20 minutes, ran back to the shop and greased her and took care of the noise
  9. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

First thing I did when I got it was grease those. Also adjusted the springs (they were very loose) and no change. so long as it is nothing to worry about I am not concerned, i am just new to V plows and havent done anything but move it around, smiling everytime :D