1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slotted/Drilled

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 99 z71Silverado, Dec 29, 2005.

1. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

anybody running drilled or slotted rotors? any problems with them?( i heard some guys mentioning that they may shatter?? How do they perform and are they worth it. I have stock rotors and it seems after plowing for awhile the brakes start to lose their stopping ability. For having four wheel disc brakes i think the truck would stop much better.
    Any input would be appreciated...
    -Kyle

2. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

ill state the obvious-- dont take that offensively as with any plower and truck, stopping constantly makes the brakes hot, and in turn brake fading occurs

3. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

i know that... thats why im asking if drilled or slotted rotors will help or is it just a waste of money

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I don't think they are even available for 4wd Dodges.....so I dunno. I know they're not available for my Ram.

I would suggest looking for severe duty brake pads- I used the Titanium ti2's from Whitney's- stopped great all the time but wore out in a year. Wife's car has now Bendix titanium's- grab fantastic so I'm going to try them next time. Got standard pads now- not sure who's but they stop great hot or cold, even wet. (cost close to $90 for a pair tho!)