1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sloppy shift linkage on the column 04 F350

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ducaticorse, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I'd like to freshen the shift on the column up. It's super sloppy now. Anyone done this? How much of a PITA is it to do?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

there are 2 t30 torx screws at the end of the shifter on a bracket where it goes to the cable if u look up under the dash u will see them they loosen up or its the 2 bushings on the shift rod in the colum there not a big deal to do

3. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

I just want to add, pull them one at a time and put red LocTite on them.

This happens a LOT, and once you LocTite them they usually do not back off.

Happens a lot on trucks that get shifted from F to R a lot, you don't do that with your truck now do ya? lol

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If the screws are still tight look at the cable on the trans the Clips gets bad wont stay tight
    On my 02 had same problem fix the screws and month ago it go sloppy screws was still tight found cable clips was bad was letting cable flop around You get the same effect

5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Cool, thanks guys. Did you buy a replacement clip antler? Where did u get it?