1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sloppy plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dankman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dankman

Dankman Junior Member

Hi Guy's,
    I have a 7'6" western ultamount.I recently noticed the blade ,when raised, seems to have more than usual "play" or slop to it from side to side. I mean if you stand above it and push down on the left it has a lot of slop.But if you push down on the right side it just has a little.I know that that ultra's are supposed to pivot a bit to allow the plow to ride over the terrain more level,but when it's up off the ground it seems to have alot more pivot up and down on the PS.Also when I put it down, the PS always hits ground before the DS does,it doesnt come down evenly in other words.When I move it up and down with my hands,when it's raised, it looks like the PS is alot looser than the DS is.Could this be normal play or did I loose a bolt somewhere? I'm just puzzled :dizzy:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Lift chains not adjusted evenly, not on the same link or one chain has some twist in it.

3. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

That is only if it has a two chain lift. Other wise you have a pin wore out

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

or the pivot (bolt) hole is starting to become oblong

5. Dankman

Dankman Junior Member

problem solved

man i couldnt back to my computer fast enough to erase this thread!!! hahahahah lol!!!
    my ******* 4got that i had removed one of the lift chains when i rebuilt my lift ram an didnt even think about makin sure it was even when i hooked it back up.But I want to thank you guys for the quick response.Im glad i needed it "like now". hahahaa jk lmao.ussmileyflag

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

good call Crash...........

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Now you know why the ultra have 2 chains.

8. Dankman

Dankman Junior Member

Thanks crash you were spot on with that one.Man I love this site!:redbounce